My Knitting History

My grandmother taught me how to knit when I was around 10 yrs old. It was great for about an hour then I would wander away. 15 years later on a two day road trip she retaught me my knits and purls. By the time we got home I pretty much had them down. Since she lives an hour and a half away from me I had to find a different source to learn more. I ended up here on the internet. Now I can't seem to stop knitting, if I don't have a project going...I'm lost.

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Baby Snuggle & Blanket

Baby Snuggle:
I generally use patterns as suggestions. With that said, the pattern I linked on the side bar to the baby snuggle is kind of what I’m doing. I took from that pattern the snuggle idea and turned it into something even cuter. Instead of the Owls around the top of the snuggle and bottom of the hat, I did a self made vine pattern around the top of the snuggle with nothing on the rim of the hat. To complement the vine pattern, the hat will have a green stem on the top and a twisty vine down the side. So when it is complete, the baby will have a little pumpkin hat and be snuggled into an orange snuggle with vines around the top. I can’t wait!

So the bottom part is finished and I’m very happy with how it turned out. The orange I chose is very rich and combines well with the dark green I chose for the vines around the top. The first hat I made is a little small I think. So I’m going to whip up another one just a tad bigger. We’re going on a trip for the weekend and I fully expect to finish this hat in the nooks and crannies of down time that presents. Like on the plane…. :)

Baby Blanket:
I love the pattern I chose, but I really hate the way the backside looks. I know I’m not doing it wrong, and it really doesn’t look that bad, but I don’t care for the unfinished look of it. I almost want to put some backing on it, but that is a whole new mess. So I either need to come to terms with the backside or choose a diff pattern (which I really don’t want to do).

I used a baby blue and cream for the “honey comb” sections, and a pretty green for the outline. I like how the colors are turning out together. I’ll post pictures once the project is a little farther along. I’m shooting for a finished size of 4x3 feet. So I guess it’s more like a small throw.

No comments:

Post a Comment